Transform common file formats to quality CGM files
VizEx Transform is a truly unique application enabling the transformation of multiple
graphical data formats into CGM in one simple to use interface. The application
also has the ability to add hotspot information to the CGM graphics during the transformation
process. This is all done using a batch process saving time and money.
Transform Image files
Common image formats such JPEG, PNG, TIFF and BMP are transformed into the CGM format.
CGM is commonly thought of as a vector format, but CGM V3 onwards includes the support
for raster files.
- Supports Raster to Raster CGM conversion
- Options for file compressions, image quality, grayscale, size (pixels, inches, metric)
- Advanced features include color swapping, convert to monochrome
Transform DWG and DXF files
Transform CAD files from the engineering department and successfully reuse of existing
data without the loss of graphics quality.
- Supports "Model" and "Paper" space options
- Pen weight values are supported and mapped to the CGM file.
- Options for arcs, ellipses, polylines, and scaling control.
- Control individual layers by turning off selected layers. For example turn off title
block, extract desired text for specific languages.
- Convert colors to monochrome
Transform PDF files
This graphics transformation eliminates the requirement to re-author or redraw existing
illustrations in the PDF format. The same technology can also be used to convert
from popular graphics software that do not output CGM but do output in PDF or EPS,
for example Adobe Illustrator.
- Convert a multiple page PDF document into separate CGM files.
- Choose individual pages of a PDF document to be converted.
- Scale line widths
Automatically create intelligent CGM graphics
Larson’s VizEx Transform automates the creation of hotspot information in CGM files
during the conversion process.
- Identify text based on characteristics including minimum and maximum digits, minimum
and maximum height. For more powerful text filtering specify characteristics with
regular expression (regex).
- Option to output hotspot information to a file in CSV format so you can add user
application, which refer to databases, or add screen tip text and URL links.
- Raster option allows you to take TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and CALS raster files and automatically
recognize callouts and then convert them to CGM Version 4 with hotspots. "Smart
raster text recognition" algorithm that separates text from graphics so the text
strings can be OCR identified for hotspotting.
Platforms: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
Input: CGM V1-V3, BMP, CALS-G4, EMF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF
Optional Input: DWG, DXF, PDF, AI, EPS
Output: CGM V4, WebCGM,